What is it?
Social Media Day is a day to celebrate the ways in which social media has changed our lives for the better. It’s celebrated around the world! It’s a chance to interact and meet new people offline that you’re engaging with online. Social Media Day San Diego takes place at the San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina and Marina Kitchen.
Social Media Day San Diego 2013
Sponsored by San Diego Magazine, we will be offering two educational tracks features two sessions each from 1:30pm – 3:45pm:
The educational tracks have limited capacity, so please RSVP only if you plan on attending them…
Track 1: Social Media 101
1:30pm – 2:30pm: Facebook and Twitter 101 (Speakers TBA)
2:45pm – 3:45pm: Panel discussion on LinkedIn, Instagram, and Pinterest (Speakers TBA)
Track 2: Social Media Professionals
1:30pm – 2:30pm: Panel discussion with San Diego social media influencers (Speakers TBA)
2:45pm – 3:45pm: Panel discussion with San Diego brands (Speakers TBA)
At 4pm we kick off the networking and cocktail party for Social Media Day San Diego.
Where: Marina Kitchen, inside the San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina.
More details for 2013 coming soon.
Social Media Day San Diego 2012 Featured:
- Networking, hors d’oeuvres, drinks and fun.
- Food, wine and drink samples provided by Marina Kitchen
- A Popchips snack zone
- Complimentary hand massages (for all the abuse your fingers took from tweeting, facebooking and checking in)
- A photo booth
- Perfect profile photos from all the scenic backdrops at the Marriott Marquis
- Social media inspired contests, promotions, and discounts from our sponsors
- A Minglestream tweetwall
- The first 100 people received a Social Media gift bag filled with special offers and free stuff from our sponsors worth over $200 in value
- Plenty of businesses and sponsors interacted and handed out free stuff
- Plus, much more!
- Launched in 2010 by Mashable as a way to recognize the digital revolution happening right before our eyes
- In 2010, there were 600 meetups in 90 countries
- In 2011, there were 1,400 meetups with thousands of attendees
- Many cities and a few states have declared June 30th Social Media Day, including New York City and the state of Arizona
- We are happy to announce in 2012, Mayor Jerry Sanders officially proclaimed June 30th Social Media Day San Diego!