What is it?
Social Media Day is a day to celebrate the ways in which social media has changed our lives for the better. It’s celebrated around the world! It’s a chance to interact and meet new people offline that you’re engaging with online. Social Media Day San Diego presented by Petco, takes place at the San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina and Marina Kitchen.
Social Media Day San Diego 2013
We will be offering two educational tracks featuring two sessions each. Checkin begins at 1PM and tracks sessions will begin at 1:30PM sharp!
The educational tracks have limited capacity, so please RSVP only if you plan on attending them…
Track 1: Getting Started With Social Media Presented by San Diego Magazine
1:30pm – 2:30pm
Get Connected with Little Tommy & Kimberly Hunt
Little Tommy, Laura and Emily from KyXy’s Jeff & Jer Showgram will team up with Kimberly Hunt from ABC 10 News to teach you how they use social media to be more connected than ever with their family, friends and fans!
2:45pm – 3:45pm
Beyond Facebook: Have fun with LinkedIn, Instagram & Pinterest.
Learn how social media is much more than just Facebook. Stacy Zapar, the most connected female on LinkedIn, gives you her tips and suggestions to getting those most out of LinkedIn. Learn about Google+ from Lynette Young, the founder and curator of Women of Google+ and is one of the most followed women in the world on Google+ with over 1.5 million followers. Learn more about Instagram from Claudia Sandoval of Instagramers San Diego.
Track 2: Social Media For Professionals
1:30pm – 2:30pm
Facebook Marketing Success with Mari Smith and Amy Porterfield
Learn Facebook Marketing tactics and strategies from two of the best. Mari Smith is one of the world’s leading social media strategists and widely recognized as THE top Facebook marketing expert in the world. She is author of The New Relationship Marketing and coauthor of Facebook Marketing: An Hour A Day. Amy Porterfield is the co-author of Facebook Marketing All-In-In One for Dummies and a social media trainer and speaker. She is also the creator and host of the ever popular podcast, Online Marketing Made Easy.
2:45pm – 3:45pm
How Top San Diego Brands Are Using Social Media
Discover what’s working across social media for some of the top businesses in San Diego. The social media teams from Petco, Qualcomm, the San Diego Chargers and the U-T San Diego will share with you best practices, tips and strategies to take your social media marketing initiative to a higher level.
Have a question for one of our speakers? Let us know, we just may use it!
At 4pm we kick off the networking and cocktail party for Social Media Day San Diego.
Where: Marina Kitchen, inside the San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina.
- Networking and fun offline with all the people you engage with online
- Food, wine and drink samples provided by Marina Kitchen
- AWESOME PROMOTIONS & CONTESTS – Check back closer to the event for specific details
- Complimentary hand massages (for all the abuse your fingers take from all the social media activity on your smartphones)
- An awesome photo booth from The FotoBox to capture the moment
- Perfect profile photos from all the scenic backdrops at the Marriott Marquis
- Social media inspired contests, promotions, and discounts from our sponsors
- A Minglestream tweetwall
- Plenty of businesses and sponsors interacting and handed out free stuff
- Plus, much more!
- Launched in 2010 by Mashable as a way to recognize the digital revolution happening right before our eyes
- In 2010, there were 600 meetups in 90 countries
- In 2011, there were 1,400 meetups with thousands of attendees
- Many cities and a few states have declared June 30th Social Media Day, including New York City and the state of Arizona
- We are happy to announce in 2012, Mayor Jerry Sanders officially proclaimed June 30th Social Media Day San Diego
- View more coverage of 2012