- Sign up for Uber and get a free or near-free ride with their $25 credit for new riders using promo code “smdaysd”, see the Uber details below. Also, for 2013 we will be giving away 10 gift bags that will include, among other amazing prizes, $50 in Uber gift cards.
- The daily rate for Convention Center parking is $15 (This is your best bet)
- Metered Street Parking in the Gaslamp Quarter – Parking is free all day on Sunday for 2013′s event.
- Surface lot on 1st & J Street – (Multiple entrances – 1st Ave, 2nd Ave and Island Ave). This is a quick walk across the railroad track. Cost is between $5 – $15
- Use a local @Car2GoSanDiego Smart Car and park it near J St and 2nd, or Island and 1st, and walk a few blocks over.
- Take the San Diego Trolley and get off at the Convention Center Station. If you’re more up North, take the Coaster down to the Sante Fe Depot station, then catch the trolley.
Arrive in style with Uber – Your Personal Driver!
- Thanks to our sponsor Uber, you can arrive in luxury with a private driver, at an affordable price! Uber San Diego is giving a $25 credit for first-time Uber riders, simply use the promo code “smdaysd” after signing up.
- New to Uber? Here’s some detailed instructions:
- Download the Uber app from the App Store or the Android Marketplace.
- Follow the app instructions to sign up as a new rider (or log in).
- Uber uses GPS to place a pin where you are, or move the pin to where you want to be picked up.
- Press the black Request Pickup button. Your Uber driver will be en route and arrive within minutes.
- Uber will send a text message when your driver has arrived.
- Ride in Uber style to the event!
- No need to pay or tip your driver, Uber stores your credit card on file, so payments (tip included) are automatic and hassle free.